Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Vacation

Merry Christmas Eve everybody! It's my first ever, and we are Christmasing at Grandma and Grandpa's house in Tracy.

This week, I had a rash on my face. :o(
We went to Dr. Gilless (by the way, I weighed in at 10 lbs. 7 oz.!) and she gave me some cortizone and told mom and dad to stop using the Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash with perfumes and stat using the Aveeno fragrance free stuff. The advice seemed to work like a charm.

See? Look how smooth my skin is now:


So, last weekend mom and dad let grandma and grandpa take care of me while they went to celebrate Uncky Brad's birthday.













It was nice for them to get out for a few hours, and, of course, grandma and grandpa looooooved the time they got to spend with me. We watched It's a Wonderful Life and they got some crab sandwiches from Nick's at Rockaway.


So, I've been smiling a bit, but haven't quite got the hang of it yet, but you know what I have gotten the hang of? These nifty new sweaters I've been getting. Look at my dad holding me in my new sweater:


Yesterday, the 23rd, mom had to do a little running around. She saw my auntie Monique at her work at Stanford, and spent some time with her. Auntie 'Nique pretty much agreed that I am the most perfect baby ever born.


I had a peeper, and mom had to change my diapie.


They had a good time and Auntie Monique even used me to record a message for my pops.








After we picked up dad, mom and dad and big brother Bowser and me went to Tracy for Christmas. We made a few detours in Livermore and Fremont to see some Christmas Lights we saw online.



Dad tells me that Christmas Lights are a continuation of a tradition from way back thousands of years ago, when the people used to celebrate the first day of winter, and they'd set large huge big ol' bonfires to coax the sun out of hiding. Today people just decorate their houses with twinkley (hopefully LED, but not always) lights. Some people cheat with plywood cut outs and inflatable things -- that's too easy and sort of defeats the purpose, dontcha think?.

Well, tonight, mom, dad, gramps, and me are going to great grandma's and great grandpa's house for Christmas Eve. See anyone there who's going there!





1 comment:

Elisa said...

I was thinking how those blow up Santas look kinda grusome and empty when they are deflated sitting on the ground.

Followers