Sunday, December 14, 2008

Keep Ya Head Up

A very exciting development, subtle but important -- I have started to hold my own head up. Yes, that's right, you read correctly: in order to protect myself from predators, I decided that it would behoove me to see above the grass on the plains. One important first step to this would be to make sure that I can in fact balance my own head on my shoulders. It's only a first step in my development towards self-sufficiency, but it is important nonetheless.



By the way, I forgot to share the link to my pictures on line. My dad set-up a Sam Romero flickr set here and he's posting all of my youtube videos at this playlist, so in case you want to check in on me -- feel free to do so.

On Saturday, mom, dad, and I went to my great-grandpa's 73rd birthday, and I got to see all of the crazy Romero's.



Dad carried me in in my baby car seat, and my great grandma immediately snatched me away from him and carried me into the house, where every one of the 12 people fought tooth and nail over who got to hold me.

In the end, great grandma and great grandpa got the bulk of the carries.
GreatGrams and SamGreatGramps and Sam 2

Great grandma also thought it would be okay if I opened a few presents early. Just because I'm so cute.



Look at my new kicks! Puma, so I can bound and leap quickly!

At the end of the night, I got real tired. So I fell asleep, and let great grandma and great grandpa carry me around, while mom and dad talked to grown-ups.




My great grandma's singing to me


My great grandpa's cuddling with me on his favorite easy chair




All in all it was a good night, and thought I fussed a little before we left . . .



. . . I slept all the way home.


1 comment:

Elisa said...

YEA! Love the blog. Sam is getting so big already. Thanks for the holiday photo...priceless! I saw a santa hat and attached white beard for dogs at Target...Hawk is in trouble.

Followers